Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Kindle KDP Select or Smashwords

My ebook novelette Guest of Honor is near ready to go.

But where to put it?

I already have an ebook out there, which I published on the Kindle KDP Store a year ago: 99 Ways To Have A Memorable Wedding On A Shoestring Budget.  I've kept it on the KDP Select site, which allows me to do promos for it from time to time.

Guest of Honor is going to be treated a little differently.  Instead of exclusively on Amazon, I'm going to try my hand at Smashwords as well.  If you do not have a Kindle (there are a few out there, right?), and purchase ebooks through Sony or Nook or the Apple store, those ebooks would be available through Smashwords.  I'm still going to put it up on Amazon, but it won't be exclusively on the Kindle store.

I've been doing a lot of research this past year regarding self-publishing, mostly on The Creative Penn and the Self-Publishing Podcast, and even though Amazon is a viable source for my indie authors, one shouldn't put all of your eggs in one basket.

Hence the reason I'm going to self-publish on both sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment