Friday, April 12, 2013

Happenings In The Outhouse 12-Apr-2013 / What's next on the stove?

On Wednesday, April 10th, I uploaded my ebook Guest of Honor to the Amazon Kindle site.  Here's a link to the ebook here: Guest Of Honor.  And it's only $.99.  I have also included a short story titled "Hatchet Harry" and an excerpt of my thriller Beholder's Eye.

There's a lot more I could say about the publishing process . . . but I'll wait for another blog post where I can go more in detail--or, it might be a series of posts, as the process can be quite complicated.

Now that the ebook is done . . . what's next?

Or, in other words, what's cooking next on the writing stove?

Thinking of stories this way seems to be very interesting.  Stories can be deep in the freezer, chilling out in the refrigerator, thawing out on the counter, simmering along the back, or cooking well in a pot of boiling water.  Now that Guest of Honor is complete, I can move on and rearrange the pieces.

What's next?

First and foremost, I'm heading back to my alternative history military novel.  That one is boiling well along the front of the stove.

Simmering along the back is Beholder's Eye.  I'm still waiting to hear back from a handful of literary agents, and by next month if I get either no response or no request to see more, I'm going to start the process of formatting it and self-publishing it.  Also simmering is Guest of Honor to be uploaded onto Smashwords.

I am also looking ahead and reviewing some of the novels I've already completed, and for one reason or another is sitting in the deep freeze.  One such novel I'm taking out and thawing out--this would be my third novel, a horror novel set up in Lake Of The Woods, in northern Minnesota.  I'm currently rereading it to see if I can get it ready to go into the realm of self-publishing this year.

I also have a book, being it novelette or novella in length, which is more inspirational/Christian based.  I'll keep this one under wraps for now, but I think once I get the opportunity I can crank it out in no time.

I have a lot cooking in various stages.  What do you have cooking?  Please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment