Friday, July 5, 2024

Laser Focus Goals / Happenings In The Outhouse 05-July-2024

Last week, I wrote out my "Next 5 Things" to do for the next three months.  I have been doing this for a number of years now, and it is important that I do this, to focus my energy on what needs to be done in the near future.

I will not share what I wrote, but I am determined to laser focus my goals and achieve as many as possible.  I am utilizing Heinlein's Rules of Writing.  Of which I have utilized before but am becoming more intentional now.

The rules are:
1) You must write.
2) You must finish what you start.
3) You must refrain from rewriting except to editorial demand.
4) You must put it on the market.
5) You must keep it on the market until sold.

Seems simple.

But you would be surprised at how few writers actually do this, then wonder why they aren't successful.  Not that I'm a big name author with big name money.

But at least I'm working at it, and having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment