Friday, November 17, 2023

Let's Chat Briefly About Suicide / Happenings In The Outhouse 17-Nov-2023

A few weeks ago, a young lady in our small community committed suicide.  She was a successful businesswoman who was well-known and well-liked.  In fact, at the funeral home for her service, it was standing room only as the people packed themselves inside.  It was a tremendous tribute to her legacy, despite the tragic manner of her passing.

With her suicide, it was the same story you heard many times.  "Oh, I never knew she was depressed."  "Oh, I wish she would've reached out."  "I never knew."

Trust me, for those seriously considering this way out, you never know.  Never.

Remember this guy?


Nobody ever knew what he was going to do on that fateful August day in 2014.

For those in the aftermath of a suicide, the family members and friends will always wonder what they could've done.  Let me answer it: nothing.  Yup, I said it.  Nothing.

Nothing.

I hate to be so blunt.  But nothing except the power of the Lord can help.

More on this topic another time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment