Friday, November 19, 2021

Long Than Expected, And That's Okay / Happenings In The Outhouse 19-Nov-2021

My current work-in-progress is at the halfway mark near 60,000 words.

It has taken me longer to get this done, and frankly that's okay.  It's a larger book than any I've published so far--keep in mind, I say published, not written.  I have written three books--this being one of them--that are quite large in the similar word count range.

I looked back to when I started it, and honestly I thought by the end of the year I'd be able to publish it.  Now it will be well into 2022 when that happens, maybe by spring.

And I'm okay with it.

First, it is a larger book than usual--about double the length of many of my other novels, which run around 50,000 to 60,000 on average.

Second, I want to make sure the story is done right.  When it was first written, much of the writing was amateurish.  The story was still there, but there are new elements I'm adding now that are enriching the story.  Using the old story as an outline has both its challenges and advantages.

Lastly, my personal life has taken a turn for the better.  Now, it hasn't eaten into my writing time.  In a way, it has enhanced it.

It's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment