Friday, January 22, 2021

Not now doesn't mean not ever / Happenings In The Outhouse 22-Jan-2021

Prior to my wife's passing in January 2020, I started to say no to a lot of things.  I could have had a to-do list a mile long when it comes to writing, but at the end of the day I knew they weren't going to be done.  I then had a not-to-do list.

Also, in 2019, I started at leave three novels and stopped.  At the moment.  I'll get back to them, but at the moment I wasn't in the right mindset.

Saying "not now" doesn't mean that you'll never get to them.  You're just delaying doing it.  No sense having so many things on your to-do list that you get bogged down.

Manage your time well by creating a list of things that are important.  If I look ahead and see troubles with doing something, I'll put them off.  Remember, putting them off for now doesn't mean that you'll never get to them.  You will.

No comments:

Post a Comment