Friday, August 7, 2020

This pandemic will pass / Happenings In The Outhouse 07-Aug-2020



This week is week number 20 of me working from home.  Hard to believe.  Yet at the same time I'm blessed to have an employer who has the capability of so many of its employees to work from home.  Not all businesses have that luxury.  Some have remained open, like grocery stores, hardware stores, auto mechanics, carpenters, restaurants (as limited as their capacity is) and so many more, to serve customers who need them.

Frankly, all businesses are essential.  All workers, no matter the business, are essential.  If you don't think an artist is essential (I use the term artist to capture a wide range from those who create physical art to authors and actors/actresses and anyone who creates something from nothing), when was the last time you were entertained?  Who entertained you?  Even professional athletes are essential for those who enjoy their craft.

Let me tell you again: EVERYONE is essential.

No matter your circumstances, don't let the media get you down.  Watch what you listen to as far as media is concerned.  Life isn't that bad.  Get a new mindset.  Look around.  Talk to people.  Read a good book.  Watch a movie.

In these past twenty weeks, my family has grown much closer.  My youngest knows my daily schedule, my breaks and lunches, and plans for those times.  Our supper time has been earlier simply because I'm already home.

While the debate of masks and vaccines and pandemics and politics rages on, I'm putting my head down and working.  At my job as well as my writing.  The new thriller is coming along nicely and I'll give further updates as the weeks and months go by, as I near closer to it being finished.

Because this one I will finish.

And publish.

Then, it's on to the next book.

Happy and productive days are ahead.

So I strongly urge you to clear your mind, ignore the petty differences on social media, and be the best you can be to one another.  The world needs a better you.

Do it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment