Friday, February 21, 2020

Do what you do best / Happenings In The Outhouse 21-Feb-2020

It's okay to experiment.  But, if it doesn't work, stop it.  Go back to what does work.

Over the past few years, aside from the medical issues with my wife, I tried a few various writing techniques to see if they improve how I write.  Undoubtedly, none really worked to improve anything.  If anything, they hindered it.

The techniques I tried revolved around outlining stories.  None have seemed to work.  So, it's back to what I do best.  Writing on the seat of my pants.  Writing in the dark.  It goes by a number of names, but in the end I write the story as I sit on the computer.

Oh, sure, I may think about a story while I'm driving to work but sitting down to outline a story has never really seemed to work for me.

For the most part, what we do best is what works best.

No comments:

Post a Comment