Friday, October 27, 2017

The news that is not being reported (but should) / Happenings In The Outhouse 27-Oct-2017

If you watch the news, you'd think all that ever happens is whatever President Trump tweets, whatever celebrity is skirting the edge of sanity in regards to those tweets, and . . . well, anything related to politics or whatever issue seems to get the leftist media (please don't deny they're mainly slanted this way) all up in arms.

I rarely watch the news, except for the local news stations, and even then I limit my consumption.

Because whenever I see the meltdowns (and, of course, everyone with a smartphone and internet access is a political genius and can solve the world's problems in seconds, right?), I ask myself, "What is going on in the world that is not being reported?"

I do, believe, I have the answer.

Human trafficking.

Modern day slavery, in other words.

I first tackled this issue in the third novel in the Central Division Series: Discarded.





Human trafficking is a pandemic of epic proportions.

And it is largely being ignored.

Lately, we've heard about a variety of Hollywood executives called out for sexual harassment and the like.  Is it all related to human trafficking?

Yes.

It all deals with people of power undermining people without.  I will tackle this issue again in later blogs.  If you have Netflix, check out the documentary I Am Jane Doe It's only one of many documentaries that examines this issue.  Just go on your favorite web browser and search human trafficking.  You'd be amazed at what you'll find.

No comments:

Post a Comment