Friday, May 24, 2013

Happenings In The Outhouse 24-May-2013 / Lots in the oven

This week I put Shadowkill on temporary hold and edited a short story for submission into the "Writers of the Future Contest."  I know I don't stand much of a chance at winning, even honorable mention, but at least I'm trying.  At least I'm submitting.  I read it at this week's writers' group.  Evelyn and Jo liked it, despite the few corrections I had to make to it--even after so many edits, I can still find things to fix.

My deadline of next Friday, May 31st, for the first draft completion of Shadowkill is fast approaching.  I may not make it.  But I'm going to give it one heck of a shot.  I am currently on chapter 45, with over 56K words written.  Ideally, I'd like to see 75K, but the first draft will probably not see it because I am nearing the end--several plot points are converging, and one was even tied up.  I don't believe I can sustain another 19K worth of words.

I'm also in the process of putting together Beholder's Eye for self-publishing.  I'm still trying to nail down just the right cover, and I'm doing a final, final, final edit.  I've made a few minor changes.  Nothing drastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment