Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Time to get back to business

Something happened in Minnesota this week.  No matter what side of the issue you're on (withholding my opinion) I witnessed a whole lot of people either cheering or booing.

What boggles my mind is that these are the same people who seem to do absolutely nothing with their life.  They just go right back to their normal routine of getting up, going to work, watching 4-5 hours of mindless TV, and then hitting the bars until closing.  Then, the next day, the routine begins again.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

I completely understand that there are issues we'd like dealt with, but no matter what I do, the polticians are going to vote any way they want.  Regardless of what I think.  Quite frankly, I don't care.

What I care about is my own life.  My own family.  I had a niece experience a horrible accident over the weekend.  She fractured three vertebrae in her neck, yet miraculously didn't sever any nerves that would render her ability to walk or use her arms.  I am so thankful.  Her parents, my brother-in-law and sister-in-law, are the ones that help us out whenever we've asked.  Now it was our turn to return the favor.  My focus is on that, and what I do every single day.  Which is to write.

I am a writer.

That's what I do.

Are there issues Washington DC or the state of Minnesota are dealing with that I have an interest in?  Of course.  But I don't lie awake at night worrying about them.

I focus on my own success.  A success I'm building one brick at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment