Friday, May 3, 2013

Happenings In The Outhouse 03-May-2013 / "Guest of Honor" gets a facelift

Earlier this week, my novelette "Guest of Honor" got a facelift.  Click on this link to view it (and purchase, if you already haven't--heck, it's only $.99)

Why did I decide to change covers?

Let me be honest, I liked the first design with the sexy girl on the cover.  But it didn't portrait the essence of what the book was about.  So, I changed it.

As I march closer and closer to the publication of my thriller Beholder's Eye, I've been thinking a lot about covers lately.  For my two published works so far, I've created them myself--I know, I know, they're still not up to the highest standards, but they're better than the boilerplate Amazon puts on their books.  In my research, I found two companies I've been considering to design the cover for Beholder's Eye.

Graphicz X Designs

SelfPubBookCovers.com

I'm sure there are others out there, but right now these are two interesting ones I found.  If you know of any others out there, or if you are a book cover designer, please feel free to add yourself to the comments section below.

I have a lot cooking on the writing stove.  For the first draft of my alternative military history novel, I am currently on chapter 37 with close to 44K words.

No comments:

Post a Comment