Friday, May 10, 2013

Happenings In The Outhouse 10-May-2013 / My deadline

I have given myself a goal for finishing the first draft of my alternative history military novel: May 31st.

It's a doable goal, and one that can be obtained by writing roughly 1200 words a day (everyday, including weekends).  I figure it'll be roughly 75K words, so that is the finish line I'm shooting for, and right now I am almost at 48K.  If it'll be more, that's even better.  If it's not, I don't mind.  I've already thought of a lot I'll be fixing in the editing process.

What's next?

I have an inspirational novella I'm brainstorming, then in early June I'll be formatting Beholder's Eye and self-publishing it (unless an agent contacts me in the meantime and asks to see it).  After that, I'll be putting the finishing touches on a short story for the next "Writers of the Future" writing contest as well as starting to edit another novel.

The latter novel I just mentioned I'll be doing while on breaks and lunches at my day job.  Right now I'm about three-quarters into George R. R. Martin's A Storm of Swords, so I vowed once I finished that I'm going to work on that book.

My goal for the year is to publish 3-4 books.  I already have one, with Beholder's Eye and the inspirational novella being the next two.  I'd like this last book to be #4.

I'll cross my fingers.

And I'm doing this while also taking care of three children and a wife who's recovering from Acute Myeloid Leukemia--she's doing good, except her eyes hurt her on occasion (and that's for another day).

No comments:

Post a Comment