Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The mystery of the missing italics

I downloaded my preview copies of Guest of Honor, my new ebook (links to both the Amazon site and Smashwords are to the right), and discovered something.

There were no italics.

When I write and my character thinks, I use italics.  There were none.  Where did they go?  I then went searching . . .

I Googled my inquiry, which brought me a slug of complicated processes for fixing it.  I thought, There has to be a better way.  There was.

I found the Smashwords Style Guide.  It's free on the Smashwords site, and within the text I discovered that after I formatted my book, I would need to go back and add back the italics.  Presto!  Shazam!

I will be uploading the newly updated files shortly.  If you bought a copy and wish to have a new one, please write a review of the story on whatever site you bought it (all I ask is that you review it on the merit of the story, not my screw-up) and then e-mail me at marksrpeterson@gmail.com and I will send you a new copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment