Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Sometimes attention is overrated

My Twitter strategy is simple: retweet.  A lot.  Sounds simple enough.  At this point, I'm edging close to 1000 followers.  I've made a lot of professional contacts through Twitter, some of whom have enormous platforms--like, we're talking, tens of thousands of followers.

(Oh, by the way, if you wish to follow me, my Twitter handle is @marksrpeterson)

On occasion, I get retweeted and a free little blurb is shot out to their group.  At this point, I rub my hands together and keep refreshing the magic Amazon ranking for my books.

Guess what happened?  Nothing.  No bump in sales.  Nothing.  Have I mentioned I sold nothing on those attempts?

Now, I loved the attention and they've responded back in kind.  Some people think they need just "that one break" and all of their money worries will be over.  Be still my heart.  It only happens after so much work is done ahead of time.

Because sometimes attention is overrated.  Oh, and these large Twitter accounts I mentioned.  If you looked at their history, they tweet something every 1-3 minutes.  All the time.  It's no wonder I got lost in a sea of tweets.

And so I keep plugging away . . .

One final note: my very first ebook 99 Ways To Have A Memorable Wedding On A Shoestring Budget just had a book cover makeover.  Here it is:


 
Much better than what I had before.  This one was professionally done.  Here is the Amazon Kindle site link to the ebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment