Friday, October 4, 2013

Happenings In The Outhouse 04-Oct-2013 / Hope

I started writing this blog post late Wednesday night, for my wife and I had just returned from a recent trip to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN.  With the raging debate over debt ceilings and affordable healthcare and government shutdowns, I just shook my head and concentrated on our own little world.

To make a long story short, my wife has been having eye problems and in the middle of this summer she had a cornea transplant.  Her eyes started healing until close to a month ago when the doctor discovered some residual problems.  She was scheduled for an appointment Tuesday morning.  After the initial exam, my wife Melissa asked if her eyes were getting better.

"No," the doctor said.

Not what we wanted to hear.  However, we already knew it to be true.

That night, she had an emergency cornea transplant--her second one in a little over 2 months.  Because of it, we had to spend an extra day at the Mayo.  I didn't mind.  I'll do anything for the love of my life, the reason I write.

Gabriel's Hope is getting closer to publication.  I'm in the middle of the final edits, then I have to finalize the cover art.

No comments:

Post a Comment