Friday, October 5, 2012

Happenings In The Outhouse 05-Oct-2012 / Setback averted

I have deeply immersed myself into chapters 52-54 of Beholder's Eye, and the editing process is coming along nicely.

I had a scare last Friday night.  My computer--the one I am writing in--got a virus.  A nasty one.  It was called the FBI Virus.  I just came down to my office, and was going to do some quick research on the internet, when the screen seemed to freeze up and this showed up:


Needless to say, I thought this was real.  Then, I thought, "Why would this happen?  I'm not doing anything illegal?"

I immediately shut down the internet, which stopped the virus from continuing to do any damage, and while using the browser on my phone, I found the solution--which anyone can find by searching for FBI Virus Warning in Google.  I downloaded some Malware software on Saturday, and within an hour I was back up and running.

No comments:

Post a Comment