Monday, July 2, 2012

Call Me Mr. Imagination

A week and a half ago, my youngest daughter Mykayla had tubes put in her ears.  No big deal.  The surgery took less than 30 minutes, and the chances of an impending ear infection has decreased dramatically.

When I was growing up, I almost had the same procedure done.  I clearly remember thinking that if I had this surgery, I'd have these long tubes sticking out of my ears for months and years.  What a hideous sight I would be!

Call this my overactive imagination at work.

And something that, nowadays, I'm using to my advantage in my writing.

The reason I bring this up now is because, just before the surgery, my daughter asked me what the tubes were like.  I think she thought they would've been like how I remembered from when I was a kid--then again, maybe I shouldn't have told her.  Oh, well.  Too late for that.

Do you have any similar experiences from your childhood that you wish to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment