Wednesday, June 27, 2012

When was the last time you did something daring?

Can you answer that?

When was it, that you ever did something daring?

Or, it's possible, that you've never done anything daring.  Well, what are you waiting for?  It's about time you did.

Don't wait until you're on your deathbed to say, "Oh, I wish I would've _____________________."  Because, by then, it's too late.

Want to do something daring?  Start that book?  Start that business?  Ask someone out who you're attracted to?  Whatever it is, make the commitment to do it.  If it doesn't turn out alright, at least you know the outcome instead of agonizing for hours or days or weeks or months or even years.  At least you had the guts to try.

A few months back, I did something daring by self-publishing an ebook on the Amazon Kindle titled 99 Ways To Have A Memorable Wedding On A Shoestring Budget.  For those who know me, this may seem odd for me to write, since I mainly write thriller, fantasy, or horror genre fiction.  This is my first detour into the nonfiction world.  I may not have ever planned a wedding myself, but I've attended several and have read lots of books, articles, and blogs on the subject over the 15 years since our wedding.  This is my daring thing.  Well, just one.  Every single day that I write anything I'm doing something daring.

What are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment