Friday, March 15, 2013

Happenings In The Outhouse 15-Mar-2013 / I have a dream!

Last week, my sister-in-law wrote an interesting blog post on dreams and the lack of dreaming in some of her students.  It was sad to try comprehend that some kids--and adults too--go through life without any kind of dream for the future.  What's even more sad is that those who do have a dream never realize how to go about making that dream a reality.

From as far back as I can remember, I've wanted to be rich and famous.  Probably more rich than famous though, but if one came with the other I'd take it.  Not sure why I wanted to.  Maybe it was just the prospect of having so much money to be able to provide for my family and to help other people.  Many times in my life I've witnessed something and thought, "If only I had gobs and gobs of money, I could help them."

Dreaming is great.  Where most get hung up is the doing part.  Doing is hard work.  Blood, sweat, and tears, baby!  Oh, and time.  Most have a lottery mentality--"I want it right now and I don't want to work for it!"

If you have a dream, great!  Now make it happen.

What have I been up to?  Mostly battling with some severe lower back pain, which resulted from a middle-of-the-night fall in my bathroom last week--no, I was not drunk, thank you very much.  I got up to use the bathroom and . . . POW that's the last thing I remember for several minutes.  I finally saw my doctor yesterday (simply because I thought it would've gone away sooner but it's not) and he said the pain is like a post traumatic muscle strain, for the first few days after my fall my body shut down from the shock.  Then, it came "back on-line" the damage done became evident.  I've never had back pain before and have known a lot of people who have (and I sure sympathize now!).

I did work on finalizing a short story for the Writers of the Future contest, so that's been submitted.  Now I'm going back to my alternative military history novel.

Final thoughts today?

Dream!

Then do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment