Thursday, March 15, 2012

Turning the tide on negative thoughts

In January I wrote a blog piece titled Watch Your Language.

As a continuation of yesterday's blog, besides watching who you hang around with, you need to also make sure you're not speaking like a negative person.

If someone were to ask you, "How are you?"

How do you answer them?

"Oh, I'm okay."

"Fine.  Just fine."

"Had better days."

"Would be better if it was Friday."

Do any of those ring a bell with you?  If so, change it.

"How are you?"

"Great!"

"Fantastic!  Just finished a chapter in my book."

"Truly awesome!  I had over 500 hits on a blog I wrote yesterday."

Okay, okay, there's some self-promoting involved with the last two, but so what?  If you're going to be a writer (or just in business for yourself), you'll need to start getting used to promoting your work.  Tell others in your writers' group about your blog.  Encourage them to start one too, if they already haven't.

No comments:

Post a Comment