Friday, October 11, 2019

Trimming Da Fat / Happenings In The Outhouse 11-Oct-2019

In December 2016, I went on a podcast fast.  I had done this a few times over the years, as I had found myself with too many podcasts to listen to in any given week.

Last week, instead of going on a full podcast fast, I decided to trim back on a few.  I listen to podcasts at a little more than normal speed--around 1.5 speed.  I do this to listen to more.  But I have soon discovered that while I have a number of favorites, some I had trouble listening to.  So I asked myself, "Am I gaining anything to listening to them?  What if I took them out of my feed and quit listening to them?"

What a relief!

I had already done this with three other podcasts--all with the same hosts--as they changed the format from MP3 to M4A files.  I could still listen to them on my MP3 player, but it was a pain.  It didn't have the same quality.  So, I decided to ditch them.

My ideal podcast length is between 10-40 minutes long, although I would rather them be short.  The ones I got rid of last week were typically over an hour in length.  Not only did I get rid of two, a third one also found itself on the chopping block.

I love learning new things and deep diving into topics that interest me.  But there are times when I need to start doing, putting things into action by writing new words.

Hence, trimming da fat from the podcast feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment