Friday, October 25, 2019

Progress On WIP / Happenings In The Outhouse 25-Oct-2019

I've been making tremendous progress on my current work-in-progress.  I am currently over 8,000 words and climbing higher each day.

This project is challenging myself on a few fronts.  First, I've never written a YA book before.  I've read many, but not taken up the mantle to actually write one.  Not that it's very different as far as the actual writing is concerned, but the focus has to be more in line with the intended audience--I do have two daughters in high school who have heard bits of the story and are intrigued by it, although with homework and after-school activities their time to read it is limited.

Second is more personal: my wife.  She is still being cared for at a nursing home, for rehab, and her progress is . . . well, not sugar-coating it here, it's poor.  There are many irons in the fire, many doctors (including the Mayo Clinic) are monitoring and testing a variety of elements in her blood.  I just need to trust in the Higher Power, putting it all in His Hands.

But I take the time for myself (it may sound selfish to do so, but in reality it's not) and some of that time includes doing what I love: writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment