Friday, July 19, 2019

A good problem to have / Happenings In The Outhouse 19-July-2019

Although it's a good problem to have, it does have its limitations.

I have ideas for books.  Many books.  Did I mention that it was many?  I did?  Oh, good.  Yes, it's many, many, many . . .

The dilemma I face is what to write next.  Some ideas came to me long, long ago, while others are more recent.

An even greater conundrum are books in series.  If I start a series, whether a trilogy or something much longer (like the Central Division Series, perhaps), a frequent problem is whether to write the next book or do something else.  I have a few series I want to start, but other book ideas poke their head up and yell, "Me!  Me!  Pick me!"

Whatever the dilemma you face, do one thing: start.  Yes, start.  There's the saying, analysis by paralysis.  You can certainly overthink something to death and never get the next project off the ground.  Don't do that.  Just pick one . . . and start.

No comments:

Post a Comment