Friday, June 28, 2013

Happenings In The Outhouse 28-Jun-2013 / Moving forward

I'm crossing my fingers.  I've never submitted anything to a small press before, but a few days ago I did.  Beholder's Eye (well, the first two chapters and a synopsis) are in the hands of a great small press, one that publishes a lot of horror and thriller novels.

It's a long shot, I know.  But at least I'm giving it a shot.  If it doesn't work out, I'll just self-publish it like I did with Guest of Honor.

No, I will not share the name of the small press.

I'm also participating in Brandon Sanderson's 2013 Summer writing class, to be seen online at Write About Dragons.com.  Originally, I had an idea for a new series of stories, but at the last minute decided against it because the idea needs a lot more brainstorming.  Instead, I'm taking the prologue to a fantasy epic novel I wrote years ago and am writing the story behind it.  It's something I've always wanted to tackle, and felt that at this time I should do so.

I'm also nearing the end of my inspirational novelette--oh, I am so close word-count wise to being a novelette.

I have a lot going on.  I'm moving forward.

What are you doing to move yourself forward in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment