Friday, June 7, 2013

Happenings In The Outhouse 07-Jun-2013 / Progress

This week has seen good progress on a new inspirational piece I'm working on--probably novella length when it's all done.  I have almost 4700 words written since Monday morning, and it's turning out better than I first anticipated.

My thriller Beholder's Eye is taking a slight detour.  I have a beta reader going through it, and tonight she advised me I made a minor mistake--yet a stupid one to boot.  It seems that I have a Dodge Durango near the later fourth of the book . . . and I called it a Chevy Durango.  Stupid mistake, and one that I hate to make because I'm usually very careful.

Especially when I think of how many times I've read through it, it's a mistake I should've avoided.

I'm also putting the finishing touches on a short story to be submitted to the "Writers of the Future" contest.  I'll get it uploaded to their site sometime this weekend.

Progress, my man.  I'm doing, instead of just trying.

What are you doing?  How are you progressing towards your goals?

Take a step forward today.

You can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment