Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Avoid distractions as much as possible

One of the easiest ways to get control of your time, and get more done, is to simply avoid distractions as much as possible.

How many of you . . .

Have an alert that goes off every time you get an e-mail or a Facebook update or a Twitter update or a text?

Answers the phone every single time someone calls?

Surfs the Internet for hours on end, just for the sake of surfing?

Watch hours of mindless TV?

I could go on.  Now, there are times when I've found myself surfing the net too . . . and get too deep into something before I realize that I just spent the last hour getting nothing done.  I'm just as guilty of these as anyone else.

However, I don't get Facebook or Twitter updates on my cell phone.  I refuse to let myself be sucked down into that hole.

What are your main distractions?

No comments:

Post a Comment