Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Marry your best friend

During my freshman year of college, I took an introductory sociology class.  Weirdly enough, I only remember one piece of advice he ever gave: marry your best friend.

Now, some of you guys out there may look over at your best buddy and think this is absolutely absurd--and for obvious reasons (present company, included).  But let me expand on what he taught, and then you'll understand.

When one looks for their soulmate--the one they want to spend the rest of their life with--you should look for someone who is like your best friend.  Someone who knows all of your secrets and dreams, and who's been with you for better or worse.

With today being Valentine's Day, honor your most loved one and do something creative.

Do you remember when you first started dating?

What brought you together?

Do something both creative and unexpected.  Write a poem, with something like:

Roses are red
Daisies are white

I've always loved you
For all days, to the rest of my life

Okay, it's a little cheesey, but I didn't want to do the old standard of roses are red and violets are blue bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment