Friday, October 30, 2020

Your gifts / Happenings In The Outhouse 30-Oct-2020

Everyone has strengths.  Natural gifts, in other words.  And they're not all the same.

Some can regurgitate facts as if their brain was a giant encyclopedia.  Others struggle to find the words to say in certain settings.

I am always amazed at how some can converse on social media with ease.  For me, my mind has a tendency to seize up, depending on what's being said.  I may know what to say--or would like to say--but for whatever reason my fingers can't find the words.

I read a verse in Proverbs the other day that really got my mind thinking about this entire season of life, from COVID-19 to the 2020 Election in the United States.  Take a moment and read the entire 17th chapter of Proverbs, but one is verse 14: "Starting a quarrel is like opening a floodgate, so stop before a dispute breaks out."  This is why I don't like to start arguments online, because (I know this sounds corny) I just want everyone to get along.  We have more in common than we realize.

Another verse is Proverbs 17, verse 16: "It is senseless to pay to educate a fool, since he has no heart for learning."

Think on these verses.  We all have gifts.  Use them wisely.  Mine seems to be silence, with engagement after much thoughtful wondering.

What are your gifts?  What comes naturally to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment