Friday, October 23, 2020

Monday is just another day / Happenings In The Outhouse 23-Oct-2020

It irks me when I hear people say, "Oh, God, it's Monday!  I hate Monday!  Ugh!  Why can't this day be over?"  Or, "No one talk to me until I've had my coffee!"  Or, "Can this year just be done?  2020 sucks!"

The last one, concerning 2020, was covered two weeks ago, so I won't rehash it.

Oh, I forgot one more: "Is it five o'clock yet?"  Or whatever time you get off work or whatever you see as the end cap to your day.

This negative mentality has to stop.  It's a self-fulfilling prophecy to tell yourself that a certain day is bad and that day ends up being as bad as you thought.  Everyone knows someone who tells themselves they're not a morning person or not an evening person or they have to drink (fill in the blank) before getting going with their work.

Think about the words you say to yourself.

And remember, Monday is just another day.  If we worked Saturday and Sunday, and had the rest of the week off, I'm sure there would be people saying, "Oh, God, I hate Saturday!"

Something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment