Friday, October 9, 2020

2020 Doesn't Suck. You Do / Happenings In The Outhouse 09-Oct-2020

Earlier this week, rock legend Eddie Van Halen passed away.  This caused many people on my Facebook feed to post things like, "That does it!  2020 sucks!"

Sorry, 2020 doesn't suck.  You do.

Let me say it a little different: your mindset sucks.

Each year, whenever some celebrity dies, people come out of the woodwork spouting off that (fill in the blank on the year) just sucks.  It doesn't matter if it was 2019 . . . 2018 . . . 2017 . . . 2012 . . . 2011 . . . or 2000.

Let me say it again.  The year doesn't suck.  Your mindset to it does.

Last year, my wife's health took a turn for the absolute worst.  I could have spouted off that 2019 sucked the big one.  But I didn't.  I had so many things I was thankful for, and wasting my time being negative wasn't going to be one of them.

On January 16, 2020, when my wife finally passed over into the glorious arms of God and Christ Jesus, I was devastated.  But at the same time, her passing was the end of a chapter in my life.  I have absolutely no regrets.  I cherished every single moment I was with her, even right up to the end.

I am not going to sugarcoat that the events of 2020 surrounding COVID-19 really aren't pleasant.  I feel bad for business owners who were forced to close due to government mandates.  I also feel bad for the employees of those businesses too.  But at the same time, many businesses have re-orientated themselves to serving customers in new ways.

How you view the world is a reflection of your life.  If you think everything sucks, then sorry you suck.  Can you change it?  Absolutely!  I relish those who do!

No comments:

Post a Comment