Friday, May 10, 2019

Daily bites / Happenings In The Outhouse 10-May-2019

Back in college, when I wrote my first novel (a 1,000-page behemoth of a horror novel) I set a daily goal of writing one page a day.  In fact, one of my first posts ever did I talk about this.  Here's a fun read from August 2010.

Fast forward to today.  As much of a struggle as it is, I am finding myself wanting to go back to this goal.  A much easier goal to hit, depending on the day.  Earlier this week, our kitchen sink has had a leak and needs replacing.  Not being very mechanical--well, I can do something if I need to, but I don't have all the right tools--my father-in-law and our son helped with this task.

This may not seem like much, but to clean areas where my grandparents' piano will go, and do everything else on top of it, my writing time seems to have gone down to nil.

Again, I'm not complaining as I feel blessed with all that God has given me.  The stress this (and a whole lot more that I'm not going to explain) has caused makes me realize that I also need some time for myself to decompress.

If you find yourself overwhelmed, take your bigger goal and break it up into small daily chunks.  Is writing one page a day too much?  Write for five minutes.  Maybe ten.  Do something that works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment