Friday, May 3, 2019

Changing it up (again) / Happenings In The Outhouse 03-May-2019

I came to a realization earlier this week.  At the rate I was going, I may not publish anything in 2019.

Don't get me wrong.  I write pretty much everyday.  Some days, more than others.  But the pace at which I was going, my current WIP (work in progress), an epic fantasy novel, may not see publication until December 2019.  And with that, I'm being generous in the timeline.  It's currently around the 34,000 word mark and I'm estimating it will be close to 200,000 words by the time it's done.  In reality, it may not be finished until . . well, a year from now.  If not later.

Right now, I have a lot riding on my shoulders--trust me, I'm not complaining, so sympathy is neither needed nor requested.  This has to do with my family life.  A lot of things are piled on at once each night and before I know it, I'm exhausted and the best thing for me to do is go to bed.  My writing time consists of the morning, after I drop my kids off at school and before I get ready for work.  Roughly, an hour tops.  Maybe 30-60 minutes each night, if possible--with a strong emphasis on the IF.

I have a lot of writing projects vying for my attention.  Then, the other night, I asked myself if I should slow down on my epic fantasy and work to publish other writings.  *ding!*  That was all I needed.

Lately, during breaks and lunches at work, I've been sketching out (yes, one may call it outlining) future projects.  Some I will tackle right away.

Stay tuned . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment