Friday, April 12, 2019

What are you doing today to better your tomorrow? / Happenings In The Outhouse 12-Apr-2019

What are you doing today to better your tomorrow?

This is a question I asked my team at work, and it also applies to one's own life at home.  One should always be improving, even if it's to do one thing that wasn't done before.

First, I suggest looking at what you do everyday and eliminate what you can.  Years ago, I was on the church council for my church, which was a three year commitment.  I foresaw the construction of an addition from the brainstorm planning on the first year to the actual construction by the third.  But the time I spent was time away from my family.  So I made a commitment not to be on the church council again until our last child was graduated from high school.  Every January, I am asked if I would consider it and I kindly decline.  I appreciate them asking, but not at this time.

Last year, the writers group I was a member of for many, many years, decided to disband.  I thoroughly enjoyed meeting every three weeks, discussing not only our writing but our lives as well.  But the time commitment was troublesome when not all members would show up.

It's okay to say no to something.  Even at my day job, I say no to many things because I want to be a better leader for my team.

What is important to you?  Make the time for the important pieces of your life instead of letting others dictate your life and your time.

Then, as you free up your time, ask yourself: what can you do today to better yourself tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment