Friday, April 5, 2019

Part one complete / Happenings In The Outhouse 05-Apr-2019

This week, I completed the first of four parts in my new epic fantasy novel.  It's running a bit over 32,000 words so far, and it's going well.

For the most part.

This winter has been particularly harsh for northern Minnesota--as is other areas of the country, I'm sure--and there were days I didn't do anything.  Balancing that and caring for my wife, I have had to do a bit of reflection on how to best set up my day.  When are the best times to write?  To read?  To play games or watch Netflix/Amazon Prime?

Even to rest.

In the book of Genesis, God created the earth in six days and rested the seventh.  That means one must value their time of rest--and take the time for it.  If you are completely exhausted, and working on your art just isn't cutting it, rest.  It's okay.  You're not being lazy by doing so.

Because even God rested.

No comments:

Post a Comment