Friday, June 27, 2014

Happenings In The Outhouse 27-Jun-2014 / The final stretch for Killzone

Killzone: Book 1 of the Shadowkill Trilogy is nearing completion.


I have one final editing to do and then . . . it's on to publish.

And just because I already finished editing it, doesn't mean there wasn't anything to do.  Wrong!  In fact, I changed a lot of the way the story was told.  Much of the book is in present tense.  Yet, the bulk of the book was set in 2006, along with the prologue and epilogue were set in either 2009 or 2010.  When I went through the final edits by reading it out loud, I was struck by how confusing it was.

So I changed it.  The bulk of the book is in past tense.

Personally, I think it sounds a lot better.

I'm also striking out complete chapters too--well, one in particular.  It doesn't seem to fit and there's no clear point of view.

My plan is to have this book finished in 2-3 weeks.

What's next, you might ask . . . ?

I have a few things in the works.

As an aside, I got my official website, marksrpeterson.com, up and running.  Okay, not quite, but it's now an official Wordpress site, and in the upcoming weeks, I'll learn more on how to make it better.  It's just a starter, sample page right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment