Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The one goal I'm neglecting (and you may be too)

I look over my list of goals for 2013, and out of 20 items, I have accomplished 11.  Not bad.  But I'm not patting myself on the back just yet, because there's one goal that I seem to be neglecting.

Exercising.

Yup, the good ol' gotta-lose-weight goal.

This isn't my actual goal.  The goal is a weight I'd like to accomplish.  And I'm far from it.  In fact, I haven't really done a thing about it.  Oh, sure, earlier in the year, when we had snow outside, I'd spend 30 minutes every other day on the Gazelle watching a movie downstairs.  Somehow, that only lasted about two months when the weather started getting nicer and I was starting to make headway on some of my more urgent writing goals.

Now, as my ever-growing gut is  . . . well, ever-growing, I know I need to do something about it.

Like writing, start out exercing small.  Do some walking.  Or bike riding.  Also, start eating better.  Cut out more sugar and eat healthier.

I am no health nut nor am I an expert in weight management, but honestly it all comes down to intake.  The more sweets and fatty foods I take in, unless I exercise it'll grow into a larger gut.  Not good.

I will NOT be posting my current weight nor even my 2013 goal weight.  What I will be sharing on occasion is what I'm doing about it.

Because I still have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment