Friday, November 2, 2012

Happenings In The Outhouse 02-Nov-2012 / Solar Flares?

Last weekend, my wife told me I should write a blog post about solar flares.

"But that's not what my blog is about, solar flares and such," I said to her.  "I write about . . . well, writing."

"I know.  But you should though."

Okay, here it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_flares

Yes, I know that's the Wikipedia link, but that's the best I can come up with.  Solar flares seem to have an aura surrounding themselves, and have even been linked to the end of the world in December 2012.  They do cause some interference, as they blast out huge amounts of energy at once.  Here's a video too, which can explain some of the solar flare phenomenon.


Now, on to Beholder's Eye.

By early next week, this book will be done with its final edit.  Chapters 58-61 are nearing completion, as well as the Afterward.  I've made tremendous progress, and on next week's Happenings In The Outhouse, I'm confident I'll scream, "I'm done!"

But not quite.

I recently read an article in the Writer's Digest's "Guide to Literary Agents" blog which touched on the importance of first chapters--or, rather, the first chapter.  The article is titled "7 Reasons Agents Stop Reading Your First Chapter"   Needless to say, I'm going to scan through the first chapter again to see how it holds up.  At a quick glance, it's fairly good.

I just want to make it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment