Friday, September 14, 2012

Happenings In The Outhouse 14-Sept-2012 / Changes to the editing process

I am drawing near to the completion of chapters 43-47 of Beholder's Eye.  By this weekend, however, I will have completed them.

I've been doing something a little different with my editing schedule--doing more work straight on the computer when compared with printing pages and making notes that way--and for the most part it seems to be working well.  There isn't a single chapter that hasn't been beefed up by a page or two.  Seen as though I had a literary agent once tell me this story was too short (it was, at 65,000 words) this time it is around 75,000 so far.

This past Wednesday was our tri-weekly writers' group meeting.  Only myself and Evelyn were present.  I shared a chapter from Beholder's Eye and afterwards we talked about blogging and the future of the publishing industry.  Evelyn is planning on starting up a blog very shortly (also on Blogger), and as she had 14+ years of articles written for the local paper alone, she has much to tell.  When it's up and running, I'll be sure to share her site with you all.

This wasn't one of my goals for the year, but in the past few months I've decided to write something for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) where one is committing themselves to write 50,000 words during the month of November.  I know that seems like a lot, but it's really 1,667 words on average a day.  The only drawback is that I'd like to complete Beholder's Eye first.  That's my main objective.  If I don't finish in time for November, I guess I'll do NaNoWriMo in December or January.

For an added inspiration, I'd like to share this video I discovered (thanks to Jon Acuff's recent blog post).


Then, check out the speaker behind the video: Eric Thomas AKA ET AKA the Hip Hop Preacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment