Friday, April 24, 2020

The new normal is simply change / Happenings In The Outhouse 24-April-2020

There's been a lot of talk lately about the current events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic being the new normal.  Many people are working from home, more people are cooking at home instead of going to restaurants, families are watching more movies at home because the theaters are closed, and people who live under the same roof are doing more things together.

Why is this the new normal?  Why should a pandemic have caused families and loved ones to do things together?

I view this new way of doing things as change.  When my wife and I got married, that was change.  We had to adapt to a new normal of married life.  Then the same thing occurred when we had kids.  Every life change is simply that.  Change.

April 2011 was a major change when my late wife was diagnosed with leukemia.

Then, last year, on May 19th, our family had to adapt to a new normal as my late wife started going downhill health-wise.  And of course my world turned completely upside-down when she passed on January 16th of 2020.

A new normal for me?  Sure.

I call it change.  Get used to change.  Change happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment