Friday, January 3, 2020

Create instead of criticize / Happenings In The Outhouse 03-Jan-2020

I've never really been one to criticize a creative work (i.e. movie, TV show, book, painting, music).  It either worked or it didn't.  It's something I feel in my gut.  Typically, my criteria is simple: did it entertain me?

Take any of the negative controversy over The Last Jedi.  Sure, there are parts of it that made me scratch my head.  But I enjoyed it.  Heck, it was Star Wars for crying out loud!  I also found Solo: A Star Wars Story as equally entertaining and enjoyable.

It always amazes me the ones who criticize a creative work, and they have never been brave enough to create their own work.  It's possible they're afraid of the same criticism they've bestowed upon others.

I have two words of advice for all the creatives out there: be brave.

Go out there in the new year, the new decade, and create something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment