Friday, January 17, 2020

A sad day

I wrote the following on Facebook yesterday:

"With arms wide open, God welcomed a new angel into Heaven this morning and Jesus wrapped His loving arms around her.  Melissa (my wife) was the absolute love of my life, my best friend, the epitome of greatness, and the most bravest warrior as she fought her illnesses right up to the very end.  I am truly blessed to have met her and her loving family.

The last movie she and I ever saw in the theater was "I Can Only Imagine" in early 2018.  She also listened to that song as she crossed over into Heaven this morning."

I knew the day would come when she'd pass away, and mentally and spiritually prepared myself for it.  But even that doesn't make the loss any better.  The only way to get through it all is with God.  Without Him, life is meaningless.

And life certainly isn't meaningless.

No comments:

Post a Comment