Friday, June 21, 2019

Stop dwelling; move on / Happenings In The Outhouse 21-June-2019

What's in the past cannot be changed.

So why are you dwelling on your past mistakes?

Stop dwelling.

And move on.

Think back to your New Year's resolutions.  Let's keep it simple and say you had a personal goal to go to the gym four days a week.  Doable, right?  Then, after a few months, you decide to take a short break.  You don't go to the gym for a week.  Then two.  Realizing what's going on, do you cram in a bunch of times to "catch up"?

No.  Start over.  Hit the reset button.

For roughly a month, I've been dealing with some weird medical issues with my wife.  It has caused me a lot of stress, and in turn my writing has been dealt with one heck of a blow.  What am I doing about it?  First, prioritizing my life.  Family is and always will be first.  Without my wife and kids, nothing else matters.  Alongside that is my health.  After that is my writing.

Writing will always be there.  Even if life happens and I don't get to the laptop for months, the stories will always be there.

I must stress that no matter what happens, take time for yourself, don't dwell on what you haven't been able to do, and just hit the reset button.  Move on.  It's okay to go slow.

I am currently at the 5,000 word mark on a new story.  Will it be done by the end of June?  Nope.  Shooting for July.

And if I don't do that, it's okay.  It will be published.

No comments:

Post a Comment