Friday, February 8, 2019

If a project doesn't work, do something else / Happenings In The Outhouse 08-Feb-2019

For the latter half of 2018, I struggled to write.  It wasn't that I didn't have something to write--I was working on my second romance novel written under a pen name--but, for whatever reason, I wasn't satisfied with it.  Each word was like walking through a thick pile of sludge.

Looking back on it now, I know where I went wrong.  There were parts of the story that didn't fit.

So, I put it on the back burner and wrote a novella titled Garbage Day.  Then, I decided to work on what I had wanted to work on all along: my epic fantasy novel.  I am currently around the 12,000 word mark and it's going very well.

When you find yourself struggling with your current writing project, stop.  Do something else.  Then, when you finish that "something else" look back at the other project.  It's okay to put it on the back burner and work on another project, one you really want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment