Friday, July 20, 2018

The day of my (possible) UFO sighting / Happenings In The Outhouse 20-July-2018

Early November 1996, Friday night, opening of the Minnesota deer hunting season.  Which, for most Minnesotans, the deer hunting season is like a national holiday.  Over the years, there have been a handful of times I haven't been able to participate and the communities are nearly ghost towns.

I was hunting with my Dad and uncle Steve at my grandfather's cabin, northwest of Roseau, Minnesota, in an area known as "Minnesota Hill."  Normally, my grandfather would be hunting with us but this year decided not to.

That day, the area got hit with a fresh, thick blanket of snow.  It fell so hard that our vehicle tracks were completely obliterated not long after our arrival Friday night.

Then, not long after the snow hit, the sky was completely clear.  The moon was not out, but the stars were immense.  I love looking up at the starry sky on clear nights like that.

That night, my uncle slept on the bottom bunk in the bedroom, my Dad slept on the couch, and I took my grandfather's spot of sleeping on the cot between the furnace and the front door.  The light from the stars shimmered on the clean blanket of snow covering everything.

As I was starting to fall asleep, I was immediately jolted awake to a blinding flash of light.  I can only describe it like an intense spotlight passing through the windows on the north side of the cabin.  Then, in a matter of moments, it was gone.

At first, I thought someone was outside shining a bright light in the cabin.  Since I was a few feet from the door, I quickly opened the door.

There was no one around.  There was no disturbance in the snow.  I looked up.  I saw the stars.  It was quiet.

To this day I have always wondered what it was.

The only answer I can come up with was that the light came from a UFO.

Was it . . . ?

No comments:

Post a Comment