Friday, February 23, 2018

Regrets on what I've done AND not done / Happenings In The Outhouse 23-Feb-2018

I was listening to a preview of Jon Acuff's new podcast--actually it was episode zero--and he spoke on regrets.  Not necessarily regrets on what one hasn't done, but even regrets on things one has done.

I look back on my life and, my oh my, I have plenty that fit in either category.

I regret comments I made to someone or about someone.

I regret doing the stupid things I had done.

I regret the poor financial decisions I made.

I regret not pursuing indie publishing sooner.

I regret not writing more short stories and sending them to short story markets.

I regret not speaking with my future wife much sooner than what I did--yes, I was a big chicken.

I regret . . . I regret . . . I regret . . .

Now, of all these regrets, I cannot change them.  All I can do is learn from them, the mistakes (if they were), and move on.  Too many people hold themselves back by their regrets, emotionally, mentally, physically.

Learn.

Move on.

I am nearing the end of Training Grounds.  I am currently at 21,500 words.  How much more, I don't know.  For a sneak peak, here's the cover:


Starting tomorrow, I am also starting a new segment on this blog: the story of the week.  This will feature a story I have written, to provide links on where it's sold--I do have two free stories on my blog too, so I might link there as well--and maybe give a little story about it.  Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment