Friday, January 19, 2018

A troublesome story / Happenings In The Outhouse 19-Jan-2018

Ever since I started the immediate sequel to Beholder's Eye, titled Training Grounds, I have been having troubles with it.

Most stories seem to fly from my brain to my fingers, but this one has been giving me some serious troubles.  I have struggled to write even a few hundred words a day--and in some cases, none at all.

Then I came to the conclusion as to why it was causing these troubles.

The Central Division Series is a thriller series.

Training Grounds is not a thriller.  The serial killer is already dead.  Now comes the aftermath, the hands-on crime scene investigation, the deep dive into the why.

Training Grounds is more a police procedural with a dash of mystery.

Now that I have realized that, words are flowing faster.  I'm hoping to have it finished by the end of the month, with a potential March 1st release date.

Also, once Training Grounds is complete, I will also be putting together a box-set of the first four novels, while including Training Grounds in it.  I will either shoot for a March or April release date on those.

Speaking of release date on new novels, Strange Birth: Book one of the Repel Trilogy - An Order of Freaks Superhero novel is up for a February 1st release date.  It is available through all e-retailers.  Click on the link and choose the retailer of your choice.



No comments:

Post a Comment