Friday, January 20, 2017

Two novels written back-to-back / Happenings In The Outhouse 20-Jan-2017

As the headline states, I am writing two novels back-to-back.  These would be books two and three in the Shadowkill Trilogy.

As an aside, I am also working on a nonfiction book--okay, writing three books at once, but the nonfiction book won't take that long to complete and I will work on this in the off-hours.
I am currently around the 10,000 word mark in book 2 (I have the title, but I'm holding off on sharing it for the moment in case it may change).  It's going great.
To prepare myself for these final two books, I re-read book 1: KillzoneIt's a fun read (and I'm not just saying that because I wrote the damn thing), and it was a great landing point to start headlong into the next two books.


Why two books back-to-back, you may ask?  I had written Killzone in 2014 and it has steadily grown in sales month by month.  My original plan was to write more in the Central Division thriller series, but I want to close out the trilogy first and even put together a box set of all three.
Also, there is a new form of fiction out there called LitRPG.  For those who have read Ready Player One, it blends gaming into the fiction writing element.  Now, the Shadowkill trilogy isn't technically LitRPG, but rather a technothriller with a flavor of LitRPG.  Instead of the characters living through an online MMO world, the gamers are powering real-life robotic soldiers through virtual reality (VR) helmets.
Now, back to writing the last two novels back-to-back.  How am I doing this?  Well, instead of finishing one book and then editing it, when I complete book 2, I'm jumping in right with book 3.  When the two books are done, then I'll start the editing process.  The plan is to have them published by summer 2017, and that is a goal I'm positive to hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment