Friday, January 15, 2016

Forget binge-watching on Netflix. Spread the love around (works with books too) / Happenings In The Outhouse 15-Jan-2016

First, the world received some horrible news yesterday morning with the passing of Alan Rickman.  He was a diverse actor and will be missed terribly.

Now, on to the topic of the week.  Someone asked me the other day what I watch on Netflix--this same person also asked me what I'm currently reading.

This is a difficult question to answer because I like a lot of different genres.  My current Netflix queue range from the TV show Person of Interest to movies like The Rite and The Shining.  I've watched several documentaries (don't get me started on Making a Murderer - although most of the time I side with law enforcement, I can't say so in this Netflix show - and, as Forrest Gump would say, "That's all I'm gonna say about that."), TV shows, and movies.  The other night, I started four different movies.  I watched 5-10 minutes of each one.  One reason I do this is go weed out my current list.  A few months ago, I had troubles adding more shows/movies to watch.  Then, after digging into it, I discovered Netflix has a limit one can put in their "My List."  And I did it.  I hit the maximum.

I won't watch a show that's boring, so after a good twenty to thirty minutes I will quit watching if I'm motivated to finish it.

The same goes with books.  I will start a handful of stories (I read mainly ebooks on my Kindle, however I am thoroughly enjoying the hardcover of Chuck Wendig's Star Wars: Aftermath - kudos for Mr. Wendig!) and will go through the same process.

My reading/watching process allows me to spread the love around to various artists.  It works for me.  Does anyone else do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment