Friday, February 6, 2015

Slow and steady wins the race / Happenings In The Outhouse 06-Feb-2016

You've heard the old adage: slow and steady wins the race.

I just received my statements from Amazon this week and there's one thing I noticed when I compared them to last year's statements.  I doubled my income through Amazon.  Now, I haven't even added the income I made through Kobo and Smashwords (the latter is where I'm also publishing into Barnes and Noble and the Apple iBooks store, as well as many other outlets).

Not bad.

It still won't even pay a single mortgage payment, but I'm making progress.  I am NOT quitting.  I'm in this for the long haul.

The way I see it, I'm building a foundation for a publishing empire.  Instead of throwing a bunch of stuff together, I'm constructing the best stories I can.

One story at a time.

Sure, I may be slow when compared with others, but who cares?  I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment